- Published Fusion Report 17
- I spent the brunt of the week at Blackhat while Chris held down the portal –which appeared to be pretty busy! We finalized membership with a couple of new companies, and a few current members enrolled more of their Infosec team members. Chris has been busy this week. He's working the next Fusion Report, training two analysts, and it appears slogging through a new, unusual piece of malware.
- Blackhat was cool. I did a demo in shorts and a polo sitting on a bench outside of the executive briefings on Tuesday night. During the talk, a current member was walking by and stopped to rave about how much he liked being in the Alliance. Needless to say, we have a new company joining as a direct result of the reviews offered. Thanks Don!
- I spent a ton of time with our Associate members. Associate members are vendors who perform analysis in the backend of the Red Sky Portal. LookingGlass and Norman both did a heck of a job. I tried where I could to offer my testimonials to folks coming to their booths, as both provide analytics, and both have strong peer reviews. I hope it helped!
- LookingGlass threw a party on Thursday night at a club in the bottom of Aria. Love you guys man, but I’ve got to say, meeting Randy Couture was probably the highlight of my day. Randy is supporting wounded warriors through his own organization, the Xtreme Couture GI Foundation. LookingGlass sold T-Shirts all day and during the party to support Randy's Foundation. At the end of the night presented them with a check for $10,000. It was a heck of a night. Well done guys. Bravo Zulu!
- Last, I’m on my Delta flight from Vegas to Detroit for a layover before heading into Boston. Sitting next to a VP from Qualys. We struck up a great conversation about things we’re both doing (I’m liking the new web application firewall!). When we talked Red Sky, I gave him a quick look at the portal and walked him through the story of an ‘overseas’ hacker using the ISP in the US, and then the ensuing fusion report (having WiFi on the airplane is really sweet!). We’re now LinkedIn, he’s sending me a couple of referrals, and maybe we’ll see Qualys joining the Alliance sometime soon. Who knows! We’ll see!