About Wapack Labs: Wapack Labs, located in New Boston, NH is a Cyber Threat Analysis and Intelligence organization supporting the Red Sky Alliance, the FS-ISAC, and individual organizations by offering expert level targeted intelligence analysis answering some of the hardest questions in Cyber. Wapack Labs' engineers, researchers, and analysts design and deliver transformational cyber-security analysis tools that fuse open source and proprietary information, using deep analysis techniques and visualization. Information derived from these tools and techniques serve as the foundation of Wapack Labs' information reporting to the cyber-security teams of its customers and industry partners located around the world.
About Digimind: Digimind is the global social media monitoring and competitive intelligence company that provides businesses with unrivaled insights into their true standing in the market. Digimind's proven intelligence technology has provided Fortune 500 brands around the world with critical information for their business for more than 17 years. Profitable since its founding, Digimind has a 92 percent customer retention rate and serves its clients out of its offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Africa. For more information, please visit Digimind at www.digimind.com.
For questions or comments regarding this news release, please contact Jim McKee, CFO at 314-422-8185 or email@example.com.
Wonder why we do this? VA Occupational Transition assistance is an amazing service. These guys really bend over backwards to help our vets. They are awesome! However, they can only provide work in positions not related in any way to patient care --the vets are patents. What's that leave? Food service, facilities, landscaping, etc. Great jobs? No, but for those who need it, it's something. And while some may enjoy food service, others have other interests.
I want to train the next generation of cyber professional.... So we figured, let's take them on ourselves... these guys know a threat when the see it, know how to write (for the most part), are eager to learn, have our work ethic. and honestly, I can be a bit of an HR nightmare.. these guys don't flinch at some of my salty language.
We take as many as we can... we have three from the VA with one more coming, and four of them on internship from Southern NH University (the vets get three college credits toward their degree for working with us). We take on as many as we can afford.
Below is one job description for a returning vet who needs Occupational Transition assistance... I think we can do better.
- Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, or silverware
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
- Prepare a variety of foods, such as meats, vegetables, or deserts, according to customers’ orders or supervisors’ instructions, following approved procedures.
- Take and record temperature of food and food storage areas, such as refrigerators and freezers.
- Wash, peel, and cut various foods, such as fruits and vegetables, to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Attend staff and training sessions as appropriate.
- Spend Time Standing: 97%
- Contact with Others: 66%
- Physical Proximity: 67%
- Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
- Responsible for Others’ Health and Safety: 48%
- Food Production: Knowledge of techniques for proper cooking, handling, and storage techniques
- English Language: Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- TSES workers to assist facility personnel. Workers are available, seven days per week. A copy of the time and attendance sheets will be provided to Facility Service Administrative Officer for documentation.
Southern NH University and Digimind were kind enough to pitch in. Interested in pitching in? Sponsoring a vet? Call me or shoot me a note. The investment is small but the payoff is amazing.
Until next time,
Have a great weekend!