Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Update to the IPhone delimma

You may recall my post in May where I complained loudly about the issue of upgrades, AT&T, and Apple after having waited for four hours online to proudly upgrade to the iPhone. I should say, I'm a Mac user. There's not a Windows device in my home, save Office 2008.. I LOVE my Macs.

That said, I was enamored by the Blackberry Bold on the day it came out. I've been using it for about a month or so now, and after comparisons between the bold and the iPhone, I'm a pretty happy guy for buying the bold.

Here's why:
1. Battery life in the original iPhone wasn't so good. In the 3G model, it was worse. The Bold has the same problem. I rarely use in on WiFi only because the 3G does the trick, so I leave it off and save the battery. Regardless, I get about 8 hours of life.

2. The Bold is fast, responsive, and the keyboard is exactly what you'd come to expect from Blackberry. It works every time, and my fat thumbs don't miss the keys. Unfortunately that wasn't the case for the iPhone. I spent much time correcting typos, and then finding creative ways to vent frustration.

3. The bold works well with Exchange, and syncs nicely with my Mac.

4. I'm used to it! A Blackberry is nothing short of a must have technology for anyone that must remain connected. While I'm probably not that needed, I like to feel like I am, and the Blackberry keeps me connected.

OK.. much of it's personal preference, but.. that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Jeff

No comments: