Wednesday, November 05, 2014

This is AWESOME!! AirHopper - Hacking via FM Radio signals!

THIS IS AWESOME! Do you have any idea how many times I've fired up my shortwave radio and
listened to some far away place (from a really secure place --if course it was an approved device --I'm just sayin!) just for some entertaining white noise while I focused on something else?  And no, I don't trust internet radio to not place something on my machine --intentionally or unintentionally!

I'm a huge fan, and a long time amateur radio operator.  This really takes me back.  I remember (ahem, hypothetically of course) clipping the band pass filters on my 2 and 6 meter rigs to listen in on other frequency ranges (I won't say which ranges); screwing with a Sun Sparq 20 generating packet radio in early experiments between routers and repeaters (some even worked!), but the idea of hacking a computer via frequency modulation (FM radio signals) is AWESOME! In my minds eye I can see some ways this would be logical, but never thought I'd see the day.  Pay attention folks! The game changes yet again, and neither air gapping or disabling internet connections is going to help! Ah yes, radio frequency. Gotta love it!

Where do they come up with this stuff??

You've got to check out the video! (of course, at your own risk!)


No comments: