Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Killed my SafeSocial account...

Great idea, not so good execution.

SafeSocial sent me the following:

"We have some cool news for you. Your parent, JEFFERY STUTZMAN, signed you up for something called SafeSocial.

You know how sometimes the adults in your life worry about you on the Internet because stuff can happen on sites like Facebook that isn’t safe? SafeSocial is a way for your parents to protect you and keep you safe without invading your personal space too much. It will make everybody's life easier."

I thought to my self, is this in language that my kids would respond to? Maybe. Regardless, after receiving this email telling me my parent (me) had some cool news, I decided to go back and look at the results. If I'm going to pay nine bucks a month for the service it needs to provide value. In this case, even though I have a couple of social networking accounts, SafeSocial didn't really do much for me. My five day trial period was up. I'll try it again later.

If anyone else has feedback on this service, my personal opinion? It's a great idea. I'd love to see it. I probably won't pay nine bucks a month for it, but would consider say, four or five.

Thoughts?
Jeff

No comments: